Pages

November 20, 2010

the albany bulb

The Albany Bulb is this amazing DIY art park that evolves into something new every time I go.  The park itself was a landfill used for dumping - well everything - but particularly large scale construction debris from past freeway projects and things of that nature, providing a strange, albeit interesting, landscape for the park.  Filled with everything from sculptures made out of garbage and scraps, graffiti art on giant slabs of discarded concrete, to a mini-castle with amazing views of the bay, this park is a great place to get lost in.

This particular set of pictures is from the first time I had the pleasure to peruse the bulb back in 2007.  My friend and neighbor at the time told me to make sure I brought my camera because I was going to love it, and of course he was absolutely right.  Here are some images from that day...


































 










No comments: