Pages

October 16, 2010

Yosemite

I had the pleasure of going to yosemite to camp with friends.  We arrived late in the evening, and eagerly awaited the morning light to take in our surroundings.  It being my first time to Yosemite, waking to find myself in the middle of a valley surrounded by these giant granite walls was completely awe inspiring.  
We started the day with an easy hike to see the Yosemite falls, unfortunately it hadn't rained for about five months so there were  no waterfalls to be seen on the hike, but everything else was incredible.



































































Shortly after we were done hiking, clouds started rolling in.  Along came more, darker rain clouds.  Suddenly what started as a slightly overcast sky and some light sprinkling here and there,  turned into a full on rainstorm, with rumbling thunder and flashing lightning.  The rain would let up for a few hours at a time but stayed until the next day when we left.  Even in the rain Yosemite was absolutely breathtaking.  Interestingly enough, by the time we left the waterfalls were starting to come back.














While it was raining I was too scared, not to mention ill prepared, to shoot with my digital camera.  The only other camera I had with me was my iPhone camera so I played with my hipstamatic application whenever the rain would calm.





















1 comment:

Rachel said...

Beautiful! I love the rain shot of the park benches!